When you think of dental clinics, you may think that all they entail is getting your teeth cleaned. However, a dentist in Donvale does a lot more than simply polishing your teeth when you schedule a visit. Having regular visits to a dental clinic in Donvale are very important because it allows your dentist to:
- Catch Bad Breath or Dry Mouth – If you have something that causes bad breath or dry mouth, your dentist can catch it. Once they do, they can set up a treatment plan.
- Catch Early Gum Disease – Gum disease can turn into a serious medical problem and many people don’t even know they have it.
- Check Fillings – If you have fillings, your dentist will examine them to make sure you don’t have any decay. They’ll also check to make sure they’re secure.
- Detect Cavities – Your dentist in Donvale looks at your teeth for early signs of cavities. The earlier you find and treat cavities, the less expensive it usually is.
- Detect Oral Cancer in Early Stages – Your dentist will look in your mouth for any signs of oral cancer. This is really important if you use tobacco or smoke.
- Protect Overall Health – Gum disease has links to more serious health problems like heart disease or diabetes.
- Review Oral Hygiene – Your dentist can go over your oral hygiene and point out weak areas. They’ll set up a plan to help you maintain good oral hygiene.
- Safeguard Oral Health for Your Family – Your kids need a good dentist as well. Tooth decay is common in small children and routine dental visits can prevent it.
Two Types of Dental Problems Your Dentist in Donvale Can Help With
Usually, your dental problems fall into two broad categories that your dentist can diagnose and treat. They include:
- Gum Disease – Gum disease (periodontal disease) is a bacterial infection that can negatively impact the bone supporting your teeth and your gums. A more mild form of gum disease is gingivitis, but this can easily turn into a more destructive and serious form called periodontitis.
- Tooth Decay – Tooth decay is a condition that destroys your tooth’s enamel. When foods with sugar or starches stick to your teeth, the bacteria in your mouth start to thrive. They produce acids that weaken your enamel. In turn, you get tooth decay.
Contact Holistic Dental Donvale for an Appointment Today!
If you need a professional dental clinic in Donvale, contact us. We’re happy to set up an appointment for you!